Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grouping


GROUPING:

Each pictures purpose is to represent the power of grouping. Where objects are placed in a piece of work has a profound impact on the meaning of the image. Viewers tend to link images together based on their placement.  For this activity I used the shape tool to draw the myriad of shapes, the formatting palette to change the colors, and Word art to write the labels.




The purpose of this slide is to represent anarchy. To represent anarchy I placed the shapes in random spots to show chaos. I chose a shape that has an uneven outline to add to the chaotic seen, and show disorder.




                                                                        
The purpose of this slide is to represent celebration. To represent this theme I chose the sun shape, because the sun generally tends to make people happy. I arranged the suns into a smiley face to represent joy. I then used light colors such as yellow and pink which give off a cheerful vibe.




                                                           



The purpose of this slide is to represent escape. To represent this I chose to use clouds, because they are out of reach to us. I then arranged eight of the clouds into a two by two pattern, the remaining two do not follow the two by two pattern. I did this to emphasize that the last two clouds are trying to escape the conformed pattern. I also made the two clouds that are escaping red, along with the escape logo. I did this because when people think escape they usually associate the word with an exit sign which is red. 






                          
The purpose of this slide is to represent intimidation. To represent this I chose to use lightning bolts. They give off a fearful vibe. I had nine of the lightning bolts corning one lightning bolt to show that all of them are ganging up against one.




The purpose of the slide below is to represent isolation. To represent this I had nine of the arrows grouped together, and then the other completely alone on the opposite side of the slide. This emphasizes that this arrow is not linked with the other arrows. I also placed the word isolation under the lone arrow for a greater impact.


                                              



                      

The purpose of this slide is to represent logic. To represent logic I used an addition sign because mathematics is known as a logical sign. I placed six of the addition signs on top, and four of the bottom to trigger people to think of 6 plus 4 equals 10. As opposed to if I placed them in random order, people would be less likely to think of addition.






                               
The purpose of this slide is to represent unity. To represent unity I chose to use a heart symbol, because people who come together must open themselves up to another person. A heart shows caring, and love. Both of those traits are found in close relationships between people. I also placed the hearts on top of each other to represent a tight bond.  

No comments:

Post a Comment