Thursday, February 24, 2011

Critical Reflection



1.     Connection-All elements that are thematically connected are placed in association with each other visually. Each themed visual is put under the labeled concept. I do not think any adjustments need to be made to create more relevant connections between elements. The piece does not feel scattered; the background design is simple so that it does not take away from the pictures. Each concept has enough spacing between image and text so that it does not appeared cluttered. Mostly everything is centered. I made it so that connections between elements were cut off by different titles, otherwise the purpose of each piece would not be as clear. All visuals are on the same blog page, but there is a strong visual and thematic connection between the concepts. Each represents a step on how to create an effective visual. Structural conventions are consistently applied since all pictures are centered, however do to technical difficulties there is a random white box around the last part of the narration for the horizon variation, and gold sections post. Fixing this would give the overall blog a better visual flow.

2.     Alignment- I do have a clear answer for any question that a client might ask me about the alignment and placement of each component. The concepts are placed in descending order from how we learned them. And the visuals are all centered, because I wanted to keep each piece of works alignment consistent so that it would be easy follow. I think there are exceptions that could be allowed to enforce the message, like if I flushed the photos left or right and put the title of the concept next to them instead of on top. I don’t think there are areas of trapped space that could be eliminated, I think the amount of space evens out the blog, and makes it look neater.

3.     Priority- I think my blog would catch a lot of attention when looking at it from across a room. I think that someone would be intrigued by it if they looked at it in depth on a lunch break. There is a clear hierarchy between elements. They go descending order from when we first learned them. Each concept was taught in the order of Krause’s Design and Basic Index book. I do not think any elements need to be made any larger or smaller. I think there is a pleasing sense of visual flow throughout. The viewer is able to look at one piece of work and then the next while understanding the concept and enjoying the beauty of the work. The eyes do not feel pulled in opposing directions or drawn off the page by the composition. Everything is aligned, centered, simple, and to the point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment